Here at Total Trademarks in New York City we’ve worked with many cosmetics companies to trademark their company name, logo, and slogans. Whether you’re a boutique label or a major New York brand, trademarking can help establish and protect your company name, product names, logos and other aspects of your branding.
HOW CAN A TRADEMARK PROTECT COSMETIC PRODUCTS?
Trademarking gives you the exclusive rights to use your trademark in the U.S. in relation to your goods. If a trademark registration is secured, the USPTO will refuse subsequent applications for similar or identical trademarks if it relates to similar products. Trademarking also creates a public listing of your trademark in the USPTO’s online TESS database. A trademark search will show that you own the trademark, which deters many competitors from attempting to register or use your trademark. The value of this benefit alone makes the filing fees worth it in our opinion.
TRADEMARK REGISTRATION BENEFITS:
- Trademark registration gives you the right to use the “®” symbol.
- Registrants may participate in the Amazon Brand Registry and similar programs for Trademark owners
- Social media websites will generally take down pages infringing on your trademark
- The USPTO will reject subsequent applicants who apply for your trademark
- Public listing of your trademark in the USPTO Trademark Database
- You will have the right to enforce your trademark in federal court, if necessary
- You may be able to recover money damages for trademark infringement
FILE YOUR TRADEMARK APPLICATION ASAP!
Trademarks are available on a first come, first served basis, so filing an application as soon as possible will give you the best chance of success. Contact us today for a Free Phone Consultation if you would like to apply for trademark!